garnks asked: My mum told me a few hours ago that she's pregnant but she's getting an abortion. I know that it's the 'best' thing for her to do because of our current situation, but it's so sad, and I don't know how I'm meant to react to this. It's all wrong, it's not God's way of handling this. the baby has skin, hair, brain, spinal cord, a nervous system. It's my brother or sister, :/
It is not the best thing for her, in any situation. There has been statistics done by actual doctors/hospitals etc. Where women who do abortion end up with at least one, a few or all of many symptoms (consequences) such as:Infection or sepsis, Damage to the cervix, Scarring of the uterine lining, Perforation of the uterus, Damage to other organs, Death, ALSO;
- Impacted grieving: This reflects an inability to complete the grieving process
- Self-destructive tendencies such as eating disorders, sexual dysfunction, and substance abuse
- Feelings of isolation
- Feelings of confusion and difficulty concentrating
- Anxiety attacks
- Outbursts of rage or anger
- Aggressive behavior
- Nightmares or sleeping disorders
- Recurrent and intrusive thoughts about the abortion or the aborted child
- Flashbacks to the abortion experience
- Feelings of intense grief or depression on the date of the abortion or the due date of the aborted pregnancy
- Repression or denial about thoughts or feelings dealing with the abortion
- Efforts to avoid activities or situations that remind the woman of the pregnancy or abortion
- Withdrawal or estrangement from others
- Inability to maintain loving or trusting relationships
- A sense of hopelessness or futility about the future
- Diminished interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Suicidal thoughts or acts
It would be amazing if she can read all of this & even better if she can watch the movie ’ Sarah’s Choice ‘ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392996/
Also, there are many people who wish they can get pregnant, she can always give the baby for adoption. There are too many good ways to deal with her situation.
May the Lord guide your mother & supply all the needs she is in need of. May God protect the fruit of her womb & even her life. I cancel all negative thoughts & I send angels to minister to her & guard her mind, as the Holy Spirit will intervine & give her strength to make the right choice.
Anonymous asked: Views on abortion?
Abortion is a big topic in America right now. I believe that abortion is morally wrong. It’s beyond just what the bible says. The fact that is a healthy living person and someone else gets to make a decision on if they get to live or not just because they haven’t developed enough to make a decision on their own. It is known that mothers who have abortion carry that around with them. I think often abortion is a result of a mother who feels she’s out of options and there is nowhere else to turn. That sounds a lot like people who commit suicide to me. Usually abortion is a result of conception outside of marriage. The best solution is not to have sex. “BUT THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE!” you may say. Oh but it is possible, I can say so for myself and for others who I know.
Last, I can’t give you a bunch of scripture concerning abortion. I’ve never really had to study it because I believe it’s wrong to begin with. I also believe that Christians tend to throw scriptures around out of context about issues and just say stuff. I try my best not to do that. People throw around the term Sodom and Gomorrah to deal with gay marriage and America. Ezekiel 16 says 47 But you have not merely sinned as they did. You quickly surpassed them in corruption.48 As surely as I live, says the Sovereign LORD, Sodom and her daughters were never as wicked as you and your daughters.49 Sodom’s sins were pride, gluttony, and laziness, while the poor and needy suffered outside her door.50 She was proud and committed detestable sins, so I wiped her out, as you have seen. We see clearly homosexuality wasn’t the only thing. Sodom still sounds a lot like America with our pride, gluttony, laziness etc.. that’s why I don’t throw stuff around like that.
I’ll say this: I believe there are far better ways than abortion. 1: don’t conceive. 2: If one does conceive, take responsibility and go through with it and in the end if one must then go the adoption route.
I’M GLAD MY MOM DIDN’T HAVE AN ABORTION. She wasn’t supposed to be able to have a child but yet here I am, her only child; what a gift from God.